Wednesday, April 6, 2011




Lily Danielle ( 8months )
When I found out I was pregnant I devored any and every article I could find that would give me some type of insight as to what the next nine months would bring me. I felt prepared and completely at ease when it was time for Lily to make her debut into the world. Obviously I wanted that feeling to carry over into her first year of life so I began reading articles on what to expect for that time frame, and I was terrified! Everything I found made her first year sound like a strenuous job rather than a joyous time. They made me feel as if everyday I should be monitoring her height and her weight or if I gave her fruits too many times a day and not enough cereal I was a failure. This year is one of the most important years in a mothers life, this is the year that you bond with your child and grow into the role of nurterer and provider. I want to put your mind at ease. I hope that some other first time moms may run across this and realize that what they are feeling is perfectly normal. I am not going to claim to be an expert, I just want to be an insight.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I am open and NEED your insight. I think that a first time mothers experience is sometimes more helpful then an experts. I enjoy preparing for your niece or nephew by hearing your stories and learning from you . Cause you are a GREAT mother to Lily. So, teach me I am ready to learn. lol

    ReplyDelete